Friday, January 24, 2014

MID CENTURY MAKEOVER

Remember in my last post when I said I was refinishing some old mid century modern chairs?? Well they are finally done! It took way too long due to having the flu, a cold, and a little bronchitis (insert "Ain't nobody got time for dat") but alas, they are finished!

I wasn't really in blogging mode when I made these aka I didn't take a lot of pictures but I do have a before and after and it is pretty impressive if I do say so myself! 

So, can I first start by saying that CHAIRS ARE SO FREAKING EXPENSIVE! For being the bargainista that I am, I was completely naive going into the chair buying process. The least expensive chairs I could find were at Ikea. They weren't the best quality (not saying their stuff isn't great quality, but for the price I was looking for...they just weren't). A fifty dollar chair is "apparently" very inexpensive....but then you have to buy 4 of them and suddenly you are shelling out 200 bucks for some chairs. The chairs I wanted though were not 50 dollars....they were more like $150....and that's when it gets a little hard to open your wallet! 

Luckily, I was fortunate that my mom and her fiance had some old chairs in storage that where the perfect style that I was looking for. There were four chairs and they were all the mid century modern style...but they were different styles and in pretty roouuughhhh shape. Lets just say my mom told me they had been in storage 15 years...

Now I'm hip, *cough I'm really not...cough* I read blogs and I stumbled across this beauty!
Photo from A Beautiful Mess 

A Beautiful Mess did a post on the process of painting and reupholstering some different chairs and now look at them! They are PERFECT! I decided to apply this same concept to my new, well, old chairs and I loved the way they turned out! 

 Pay no attention to the carpet in the dining room...its a rental.

Here are some close-ups if you really want to get in there and see! 



Have you started any new projects so far in 2014? If so, leave a comment and let me know! I'm always looking for new projects around the home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment