Friday, November 1, 2013

NEW DRUGSTORE FINDS

I went to the drugstore recently and picked up a few beauty products that have quickly made it into my everyday makeup bag so I thought I would share.



I recently ran out of the concealer that I had been using which was the Physician's Formula Concealer Rx. Don't get me wrong! I would definitely pick this concealer up again! If you need something covered, this will do the trick. It is maximum coverage and covers any imperfection beautifully... but I wanted to try something different.

 Whenever I buy drugstore makeup where I can't try the product before taking it home, I check out Youtube first to get some reliable reviews. Fleurdeforce did a Best and Worst Drugstore Concealers video on her channel, so I watched it and found the perfect thing!


Sonia Kashuk's Hidden Agenda Concealer Kit, which is available at Target, looked like the perfect product for multi-purpose use! It is a small quad palette that holds a light colored concealer, a darker peachy colored concealer, a more olive colored concealer and a powder to set it with. These colors are perfect countering redness (the olive concealer) and dark circles under the eyes (peachy concealer) and any other blemish you might want to cover up. They are creamy and super blendable, and all for a pretty good price considering you are getting four concealers for the price of one! These little beauts cost around $10 dollars at Target, but because I am a bargain hunter, I found one that was slightly damaged and therefore marked down half price! Quite a steal if you ask me!



Remember the bargain hunter part? Check this out! I also had a coupon for $3 off of any $15 dollar or more purchase... and with the concealer I wanted marked down, I just HAD to pick up another product. So I was looking around the little section, and although I don't normally wear lipsticks, I thought this might just be the perfect opportunity to pick one up and try it out! I picked up the Nude Pink, not wanting to jump into anything too bright too fast and I might now be a converted lipstick wearer!
This lipstick is absolutely GORGEOUS on! This satin luxe lipstick is a beautiful nude that is super creamy, smells lovely, and wears beautifully. PLUS it has SPF 16 in it...  What more could you want??


The last thing I picked up in the cosmetics department was the Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream. Now I am normally a medium to full coverage kind of gal. I have tons of freckles which I don’t love, uneven skin tones and I’m normally sporting a blemish or two so I try to cover all of these things in one fell swoop of foundation. BUT lately my skin has been clearer (that’s a topic for another blog post!) and I’ve wanted to wear something that feels a little lighter but I’ve always thought that BB creams wouldn’t offer enough coverage for me. Well well well… I found the perfect thing! This BB cream is light AND has quite a bit of coverage! I picked this up from Target as well and it was about $11 dollars. Not too shabby seeing as though a little goes a long way and you get 2 fl oz compared to Revlon ColorStay’s (my other staple) 1 fl oz which is roughly the same price.



The last new gem I have been obsessing about is Dove’s dry shampoo. If you have tried other dry shampoos, you are probably aware that they don’t always make your hair FEEL clean, or smell clean for that matter! Then there is that awful white residue which…don’t get me started… This stuff is UHHHMAAZZZINNNGG!
It smells lovely, doesn’t leave that nasty residue and does the job without making your hair feel heavy and weighed down with product! A+ in my book!

Anyways, I hope if you are looking for any of these types of products, these reviews have helped!

Until later!


4 comments:

  1. I looked for the BB cream at Target, and I couldn't find it! Where do you purchase yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found mine at Target but it wasn't in the makeup section. It was more towards the skincare area where all of the Garnier skincare is. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What, no shout out on the BB cream?!? Haha you're welcome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA! Thank you for your brilliant recommendation!

    ReplyDelete